Sunday, February 13, 2011

All three of my fans have requested a post....

So here it is.

Over the past several months I have composed many many eloquent posts for this forum.  All in my head.  The problem is when I am thus feverishly writing these amazing discourses I am nowhere near my computer.  It's usually in the car, the grocery store, or in the shower where brilliance touches my brain.

The problem is by the time I get to my keyboard to unleash these amazing thoughts, they are either gone (I'm not getting any younger you know) or my perspective has somehow changed.

So since I have no deep thought or brilliant insight  to share I thought I would just get everyone (all three of you) up to date on my goings on...

So here's the skinny.  I have given up the homeschooling dream due to various reasons.  We have been blessed with an AMAZING charter school and the children are very happy.  It was absolutely the right decision.  I think I have known it in my heart that this is what needed to happen this year but I was afraid.  We are adjusting to the new schedule, it's working out, and I'm glad.

The hardest part about sending my kids to school has been the guilt.  I think I have pretty much licked that one though.  The other day at the store I bought a package of Twizzlers and ate the whole thing myself.  I even hid the wrapper from the kids so that they wouldn't know.  I didn't even buy a treat for them, no,  just celery, cauliflower and cheese crackers.  I was the only one who enjoyed candy that day.  Despicable?  Yes :)

The second hardest part has been the blow to my self esteem, the feeling that I have somehow failed.  This has not been completely resolved yet.  I did buy myself a pair of jeans at full price because I knew I deserved them but that's not quite enough.  Perhaps a pedicure......

4 comments:

Penny Wadham said...

Meeting the needs of your family is never a failure. So what if homeschooling is not the right thing for your family at this moment--or even forever. Something else is, so embrace that and enjoy the ride--until life requires adjustment again. The only constant is change, and no matter what happens, you can be assured that something will come along to require you to adjust your course. That's just the way life is. BUT, life is too short to dwell on what we wish we had done or what we wish we could do. Run out there and love what you CAN do! :-) We love you! (and chocolate Twizzlers ROCK!)

Lisa J. said...

I still think you forgot to count me...!

Lisa J. said...

It's May. I think it's time for another blog post....

Teresa said...

I am a fan! I am thinking we have a lot in common, must be cus great minds think a like!